It was already a sexy race for governor in 2006, what with Democratic candidates like dominatrix Leola McConnell (or "Mistress Lee") and topless dancer Barbara Scott having announced bids for their party's nomination. Now Republicans have their own provocative dark horse: Melody "Mimi" Damayo, aka Mimi Miyagi, an Asian-American porn star whose credits include Beverly Hills Geisha and East Eats West.On April 17, Miyagi held her first campaign meeting for volunteers and friends in her Las Vegas home. The event also served as an opportunity to film segments of an upcoming documentary about Miyagi's run for governor of Nevada.
Asked what inspired her to enter the race, Miyagi said, "I just want to be on top."
The porn star-cum-politician intends on pulling up in front of the Clark County Government Center in a stretch Hummer limo filled with her "campaign cities" on May 12, when she will file the necessary paperwork to officially launch her candidacy.
Miyagi appeared in her last porn movie, Happy Endings, in 2003, and has since moved on to mainstream productions. She is set to star in Devil's Canyon and Little Bruno, both of which begin shooting this summer. She continues to strip at gentlemen's clubs in Nevada and California.
Sure, Miyagi has positions -- "doggie, missionary, reverse cowgirl" -- but she also has ideas about what direction Nevada should take. For instance, she's for raising the minimum wage, a risky stance for a Republican.
"Look, I'm not some old bastard playing golf," she says, getting serious. "I'm for the people, which means raising the minimum wage and getting rid of business taxes for entertainers. I'm a Republican because I love to bear arms and breasts!"
To learn more about Miyagi's campaign, visit Mimi4governor.com.


No comments:
Post a Comment